Friday, December 7, 2007

Casa

In the essay "Casa:A Partial Rememberance Of A Puerto Rican Childhood", by Judith Ortiz Cofer, the author describes how woman gather in the living room on rocking chairs to gossip about men and marriage. In the story the author is a child at the age of twelve years old girl listening to the grandma's and aunts, while the mom is fixing up her hair. Trying to remember back when i was around the age of ten when my aunt, uncle, grandmother, and my cousin's would come down to Merced for Christmas. I can remember was my mom and aunt talking about some kind of gossip I was young so then I didn't care about it, all i cared about was just trying to go out side and play with my brother and cousin that came down from Redding. My two sister and my four girl cousin's would go into my sister room and talk about stuff, so my brother, cousin, and I did our own stuff from them. My two grandma would always tell us kids stories about how they would used to do this and that back in Thailand waking up in the morning, coming home kinda late from working on the fields. They had told us that they had actually seen big foot but then wasn't sure what it was at the time, they said they had seen the foot prints of big foot.

No comments: